[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, May 28, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:42:03 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Thursday, May 28, 2015

High 30's and steady rain all the way in this AM.  At 0800 I heard
this was the leading edge of a large area of rain, so I
bailed...again!  Steady rain and high 30's all the way back to West.
I did see Fountain ie at 0640 and Lion struggling to climb at 0709.
The vestiges of the winter shag were well camoflaged on the wet bison.
The swans have been near the Firehole picnic area the last 2 mornings.

Lion: 706 initial FRS
Castle post major  FRS
Grand: 0446ie perhaps per webcam, supported by Jim Sheirer's AM observations
West Triplet: 0553 FRS
Riverside: 0626 FRS
Daisy: 0929 FRS
Grotto: 0658ie FRS
Fountain: 0622ie FRS
Great Fountain: 0550 p=0 FRS
Sawmill: 0531ie, in deep drain @ 0734 FRS
Rejuvenated: 0540ie GT, 0629ie GT

I did make the Firehole Lake Drive loop on the way in.  Pebble was
full and folks were hoping for a Gemini series.

The signs at the W entrance had only Craig Pass closed this AM.  The
park paper has it slated to open 6/11.  Bridge work at Isa Lake is not
complete.

I have yet to see steam from Morning Mist, but the Mary Mountain trail
remains closed.

Barbara Lasseter