[Geysers] Geyser Report Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:36:39 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Beehive: 1215
Beehive's Indicator Geyser: 1201
Grand: 0434E,  predicted 1150, erupted 1447 (I had left under
threatening skies, but saw thru D6 at about 1400)
West Triplet: 0540 GT, 1107 d=59
Rift: 1148 d=41
Aurum: 1006
Depression: 1040 FRS
Lion: 0538 wc GT, 0633 wc GT
Little Cub ie @ 0746, 0906
Castle: minor overnight 0439E, 0825 major
Oblong: 0630ie FRS, 1158 ns
Riverside: 1059
Daisy: 0758 FRS, 1052, 1330
Grotto was ie at 1032 and off by 1107
Fountain: 06271e, 1217 d=31 FRS
Great Fountain: 0656ie  (start 0642 per gazer w/79min overflow)
Rejuvenated: 0529ie, 0557, 0624, 0651 (gazer times)
Wt Dome: 0714
Oval Spring: 1101
Tilt's Baby: 1135 FRS

Some sunny spots, but mostly overcast and breezy in the geyser basin.
 Intermittent rain, some small hail at noon.

The road crew was painting the center line from Fountain Flat to 7
mile bridge on the W Entrance Rd.  In some spaces, the yellow paint
was sprayed across the travel lane and the shoulder.  Perhaps
equipment malfunction or just gusty winds?  The sign at Madison Jct
said road striping for 16 mi, so maybe they'll be back doing more.  I
had an experience with white road paint last year, and drove very
carefully!

Yesterday, I walked the stock trail from the lower end of Daisy trail
to Biscuit Basin (0.4mi).  The prior trail work had stopped in a
marshy area once across the Iron Creek bridge, and I never followed up
last summer to see if the work they did then would take me to dry
land.  The answer: not quite, but some heavy planks beside the trail
allow finishing with dry feet, at least in this dry year.  I saw a
nice Jewel eruption, also Mustard, nothing from Shell.  The cool air
and rain made Sapphire very steamy.

Barbara Lasseter