[Geysers] Geyser Report Monday, May 25, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:57:12 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Monday, May 25, 2015

First, a clarification.  I was NOT rear-ended, just placed in fear of
being rear-ended, when I was forced to stop on a blind curve when a
driver ahead in my lane had stopped on the road to photograph an elk.
The other lane was blocked with cars, and there was no shoulder, so I
was trapped there like a "sitting duck" hoping a speed demon did not
whiz around the bend.   I didn't realize how my words might be
interpreted--always a risk in communication.  My apologies.

This morning was sunny and beautiful.  We did get brief and scattered
showers, but the sun returned each time.

I never made it to the UGB.  The water level in Great Fountain had a
dramatic drop shortly after I arrived, so I waited, hoping for
overflow.  It rose quickly and went into overflow at 0812.  It was
cool enough that steam made it hard to see the boil on the pool.  The
significant bursting of the eruption started at 0929.  Very nice but
not spectacular 1st series, 2nd and 3rd not so much, but 4th and 5th
better than expected.  There was a weak 6th.

Grand erupted earlier than expected and before I reached the UGB, so I
returned to Firehole Lake Dr to watch UNNG-WDG-1 and a short Gemini
series.

Beehive: 1002 GT
Beehive's Indicator Geyser: 0949 GT
Grand: 0350E GT, 1032 GT, 1636 GT
Great Fountain: 0929
Pink Cone: 1810ie GT
Gemini: 1204, 1213, 1218
UNNG-WDG-1: 1046ie, 1146, 1211, 1236, 1301, 1324
Oblong: 0643ns GT, 1133 GT, 1636 GT
Riverside: 0758GT, 1422GT

Barbara Lasseter