[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, May 22, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:23:01 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Friday, May 22, 2015

Big swings in weather today!  From sunshine to icy rain and back.  I
needed sunglasses and the windshield visor going to Madison Jct, then
had heavy fog the rest of the way.  While at Fountain, I watched the
nearest dark cloud seem to edge past only to have the wind change 180
degrees and bring the cloud back overhead to rain on me.  Another 90
degree shift for the actual eruption took the steam away nicely.
Drove home thru rain, and 1 hour later had sunshine again.  That's
Yellowstone!

The Memorial Day crowd appeared for the morning Beehive--quite a group.

As a courtesy to those of us who are without access to "smart" phones,
Jim Scheirer made a much appreciated  7:30AM "geyser call".

Beehive: 0918  (dual with Old Faithful, and with a low rainbow)
Beehive's Indicator: 0911  with water appearing about 2 minutes earlier
Lion: 0536ie GT, ...1110 initial GT, 1226 GT
Depression: 0930 ns
Aurum: 1109 GT, 1559 GT
Grand: 0727 D0G1c per Jim Scheirer, 1538 GT
W Triplet 0610 d=58min JS
Rift 0646 d= approx 40min JS
Riverside 927ie, 1555wc GT
Oblong: 0950ie wc GT, 1454ns GT
Daisy: 1136 wc GT, 1421 GT
Fountain: 1248 d=33min
Both Little Squirt and Dome were active this AM
Uncertain was reported ie @ 0817
Jet: 1211ie, 1218, 1226, 1234, 1242

A pair of swans is being seen on the Firehole just N of Nez Perce picnic area.

The reworked boardwalk at Fountain is complete and open.

Fire danger this summer made headlines on the front page of the local
paper today.  The winter here was wa-a-y too mild.

Barbara Lasseter