[Geysers] "Improbable" June 18, 2015

David Monteith dmonteit at comcast.net
Fri Jun 19 18:50:57 PDT 2015

Steve:

I went through the entire day's capture.  At 0845 "Improbable" looked
normal when the camera was zoomed in to it.  It was steaming and
occasional splashes of water were visible above the rime.  At 0908 is
had a couple nice domed episodes but nothing too out of the ordinary.
 I didn't see any activity from Improbable from about 1000 until the
time of the eruption.  There are a few possible reasons for the lack of
activity being seen: 1) nothing was seen after 1000 because Improbable
was quiet or low, 2) nothing was seen because the day warmed up and
steam clouds diminished, 3) nothing was seen because steam from Old
Faithful which started drifting across the view of improbable in the
late morning, was blocking the view at the times that Improbable did
anything, 4) the camera was turned to other parts of the basin, which
it was about 20% of the time, so Improbable wasn't visible at at those
times.

Dave