[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, June 19, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 15:16:04 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Friday, June 19, 2015

At the last minute yesterday I chose to run to Idaho Falls.  Off came
the gazing clothes and on went some slightly more presentable duds to
run errands in the big city. (I was hoping to catch Ledge this AM.)

Missed Ledge again, but not by as much.  When I arrived at 0620 there
was still a bare trace of water in the steam--enough for great
rainbows.  By 0640 it was all steam, no rainbows.  Not expecting that
the Ledge info would have made it to Geyser Times, I made a radio call
every couple of miles as I returned to Madison Jct.

At Firehole Lake Dr this AM, several gazers gathered for the 0813
eruption.  No sunshine or rainbows to be had there, but it didn't keep
us waiting.  The sun did shine for the 1013 Fountain eruption!
Fountain never disappoints (unless one was hoping for Morning).

Others went for a Gemini series or Grand.  I headed home, so having
never reached the UGB, this report is brief.

Barbara Lasseter