[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:46:58 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The construction barrels were gone from flood this AM (still no idea
why they were there).  Black Sand Basin was closed both yesterday and
today.  Barrels have appeared by the entrance to Biscuit Basin, which
remained open both times I passed today.  The 35mph zone passing
Biscuit extends to beyond the end of the Daisy trail now.  Still no
trash container at Castle.

A gazer reported seeing a burst from black sand pool that reached 8ft
or more recently.

Beehive: 0927 (indicator seen by webcam @ 0908ie)
Grand: 0357wc GT, 1103 D3/G2Q
Castle had a brief start early this AM (0358?), quit, then restarted a
couple of hours later.
Not sure if that makes a stop and restart, or a major after a
minor--ask a more knowledgeable gazer what the allowable gap is.  I'll
be watching what it does next.
Oblong: 0753wc GT, 1242ns wc GT
Riverside: 1023
Daisy: 1033
Grotto: 1058ns
Artemisia: 0956ie
Fountain: 0618ie (ended before 0636), 1146 (with a series of nice
Morning's Thief eruptions at the start)
Great Fountain: 0828 P=0  88 min overflow
White Dome: 0637, 0701, 0720
Little Squirt was active when I arrived at the UGB
Box Spring: 1141

Ben Hoppe reported Lone Pine empty at 0940, followed by a minor at
0947.  Craig Pass is scheduled to open 6/11.

Much warmer here the last 2 days--definitely sunscreen time.  The
white road paint was being applied to the West Entrance road today.
The Lower Store has been open for breakfast at 0730 for a number of
days now.  Fortunately the 0900 opening time lasts just a short
period.

Barbara Lasseter