[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, July 16, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:12:11 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Thursday, July 16, 2015

Beehive got an early start at 0535 (Indicator @ 0339) both per webcam-GT
Grand 1005 T1Q
W Triplet: 0845ie ended at 0916
Rift 0858ie
Castle : major @ 1003
Fountain: 1156 D=28
Great Fountain: (yesterday at 2345E) overflow caught by Udo Freund @
1147, eruption @ 1304 p=6
Pink Cone: I overheard someone say Lynn Stephens caught the start @ 0851

Foggy in WYS and at the lower geyser basin this AM, with an
intermittent breeze that picked up as the morning progressed.  Still
cooler than you might expect for mid-July--that's a positive.  I am
usually home before the afternoon showers begin and would say the
weather has been delightful.   No long line of cars entering as I came
home after Great Fountain, unlike earlier this week.  Elk have been
gathering in the meadows along the Madison.  I was hoping they would
stay hidden until the volume of visitors lets up (assuming it will) to
avoid traffic jams.

Barbara Lasseter