[Geysers] Video of Spasm from the late '40s or early '50s

David Schwarz david.schwarz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 07:53:15 PST 2015

Eons ago, I sent the following to this list:

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM, David Schwarz <david.schwarz at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> I just found this video from the early 1950s, and I'm stumped:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/selago/3791431762/
>
> The first clip is Clepsydra, fine.  At about 16 seconds in, it shifts to
> something else.  Something erupting at a sharp angle away from a boardwalk,
> with a blue pool across from it, and a small brownish basin in the right
> foreground.  The surroundings look like Lower Basin, but I sure don't
> recognize the features.
>
> David Schwarz

The thing erupting at a sharp angle turned out to be Spasm, the blue pool
across the boardwalk was Jelly, and Clepsydra's cone was visible in the
background.

That Flickr account has since been closed.  Did anyone happen to save a
copy of that video?

David Schwarz

PS, around the same time I sent out a bunch of links to old photos I'd
found on the internet.  Some have been removed, but most are still out
there.  It's occasionally worth searching photo hosting sites like Flickr
and Picasa for scans of people's old slides and family albums: