[Geysers] Geyser Report Saturday, August 15, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:58:31 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Saturday, August 15, 2015

Where to begin?  I've enjoyed visits from family, occasional geyser
observations, and a lot of travel around the park and adjacent areas.  I'm
back on track for geysers for a week, then another visit.  Regular reports
will resume in September.

Seen on motorcycle license tag "OINK"--a Harley, I assume.
Overheard from a tour guide while Fountain was erupting: "This is Morning.
I've seen it 4 times.  Maybe Fountain will also go."
Overheard from a visitor at Grand: "When that one erupts, Old Faithful
drops to a 2 hour interval."

The boardwalks at Firehole Spring and Black Warrior Lake are being redone.
They are partially dismantled at present.

Beehive has been erupting mid-day.  Indicators have often run about 15
minutes.

The UGB had little imminent at 0700.  I went to the lower basin.  Fountain
was ie per steam cloud as I approached, so instead I watched Gemini, White
Dome, Rejuvenated.

Great Fountain yesterday was 0433E, then 1304 GT, and seen(heard,felt?) by
Micah Kipple at 2317.  Today was called at 1337 by Lynn Stephens (P=6).
When Great Fountain delayed the start of overflow (beyond what I had
anticipated), I went to fountain for the 1256 eruption (29min) then quickly
back to Great Fountain for 1 series before heading home.

In the middle of the back and forthing I saw Pink Cone for the first time
in a good while. (Micah relayed start time as 1024, and yesterday at
1205ie.)   He also asked if I had seen Morning Mist steam recently as I
drove past Nez Perce Creek in the morning.  I remember seeing the steam
once earlier in the summer--remember because I was driving and didn't
document the time, so didn't report it.  I flipped thru my log and found no
other morning mist sighting.

When stopping with visitors at places I don't regularly visit, I often have
pleasant surprises--otters swimming in the Firehole swimming area was a
notable one.

Barbara Lasseter