[Geysers] Entrance and Backcountry Fee

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Mon Nov 24 16:33:32 PST 2014

 From my corner, Paul has been crabbing about the rate hike since it
ballooned past $7-10 a year, and we do have an issue with how insane
prices for lodging have gotten. It's frustrating that it's not like you
can say anything that will make a difference. If we don't go, the rooms
won't go empty. Writing to at least some of our congresspeople is likely
to be wasted effort, as one of them was leading the charge that led to
the closures last year (while he still took home his 6 figure salary).
Karen

On 11/22/2014 11:05 AM, mmjustus at mmjustus.com wrote:
> I disagree wholeheartedly with this, especially for people who live
> within a reasonably short drive (say within a tank of gas) and make
> trips to the park on a shoestring.  Or who have to save pennies to
> make trips to the national parks.  Every dollar counts.  This is how I
> visit national parks, and I will tell you that yes, doubling the
> entrance fee would make a huge difference to people like me.  And
> there are a lot more of us than those making this argument seem to
> think there are.
> Meg Justus
>
> I agree with Ben.  The cost is a real bargain---Disneyland and Disney
> World charge $100 per day.  It seems to me highly unlikely that the
> small rise in entrance fee would prevent any but the most casual
> potential visitor from coming, considering the cost of travel and
> other expenses.
>
> Ralph Taylor

---