[Geysers] Entrance and Backcountry Fee

mmjustus at mmjustus.com mmjustus at mmjustus.com
Sat Nov 22 10:05:11 PST 2014

I disagree wholeheartedly with this, especially for people who live within a reasonably short drive (say within a tank of gas) and make trips to the park on a shoestring.  Or who have to save pennies to make trips to the national parks.  Every dollar counts.  This is how I visit national parks, and I will tell you that yes, doubling the entrance fee would make a huge difference to people like me.  And there are a lot more of us than those making this argument seem to think there are.

Meg Justus

I agree with Ben.  The cost is a real bargain—Disneyland and Disney World charge $100 per day.  It seems to me highly unlikely that the small rise in entrance fee would prevent any but the most casual potential visitor from coming, considering the cost of travel and other expenses.

Ralph Taylor