[Geysers] Trip Report 4-30-14 to 5-4-14

JEFFREY CROSS jeff.cross at utah.edu
Thu May 15 10:16:52 PDT 2014

Has anyone made a thorough study of Bulger?

Positioned between Sawmill and Grand, anyone sitting there for a few days would be able to get data on Bulger, while enjoying two other geysers as well.

I am intrigued by the odd series structure--does the series indeed end with multiple major eruptions?  Has a similar series structure been seen at other geysers?

Jeff Cross
jeff.cross at utah.edu

<Bulger Geyser was very active.  For most of the time it followed is usual pattern of minor eruptions every 10-20 minutes for an hour or so, then throwing in some majors and finally after a few majors it would stop for a while.  However on 5-1-14 it was having minors every 1-2 minutes for about a half an hour, then had a major.  After that Grand started and I lost track of what it was doing.  I have never seen minors every 1-2 minutes before from Bulger.>