[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:59:53 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Tuesday, July 29, 2014

61F as I got in the car just before 0530.  It is rare for so warm a
morning.  It dropped to 54F along the W Entrance road as the rain
started.

I stopped at Firehole Lake Drive and waited for Great Fountain to
overflow (OF=0710).  The rain was light but steady, so I elected to
stay for the first series of the eruption.  (0828 p=0)  VERY steamy,
but nice waterfall.

Per steam clouds, it appeared Fountain was 0719ie, with steam column
ending at 0750.

While I dallied, both Grand and Beehive erupted (0635ie wc and 0719
respectively--both gazer reports)

I headed for W Thumb in light rain.  Lone Pine had no visible water.
That was OK--I really wanted another King eruption, anyway.  King
looked good--full, boiling...but no eruption as of 1300.  I enjoyed
the company of other gazers while we waited.

White Dome: 0723, 0746, 0806, 0839  I may have missed an earlier
eruption when I circled for a bathroom, or it was having a longer
interval.  I was there before 0630.

As anticipated, the "grasses" in Whiskey Flat(s?)--tried to verify
that "S", but signs are gone--
are changing color rapidly.  I did get my picture last week.

Barbara Lasseter