[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, 7-24-14

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 15:35:19 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Thursday, 7-24-14

Beehive: 1048 (water @ 1031, indicator @ 1033)  Yesterday's Beehive was 1632gt

Grand: 0549wc FRS, 1327 G1C
West Triplet: 1308

Castle: 0701 major

Little Cub: ie @ 0935 and 1018

Oblong: 1333ie FRS

Riverside: 0929 FRS

Daisy: 0616wc FRS, 1011ns FRS, 1355ie FRS--sunny but very windy day

Great Fountain: 0825ie gazer report

White Dome: 0601

Dome: 0647ie, 0832ie, 0858ie, (started yesterday with 9 min initial
per gazer report)

Uncertain: 1300

The wind was impressive.  I stumbled back a step a couple of times
when a blast caught me unprepared while waiting by Beehive.   At
Grand, more than a dozen things blew onto the platform from the
benches, but the wind moderated the warm sun.

I believe I saw a work crew headed to Grand as it erupted, hopefully
to fix the bench that tipped over earlier this week.  A dumptruck of
soil was parked by Castle, and some of the abrupt pavement edges have
been filled.  A work crew was at Black Sand Basin as I arrived at
about 0630.  The parking lot there was closed, but had been reopened
by the time I left (after Grand).  I did not investigate what was
done.

Barbara Lasseter