[Geysers] Giantess 1455ie 1/29/2014

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 17:13:49 PST 2014

Several people have asked questions about the nature of Giantess eruptions, relationships with Vault, timing of Vault initial, etc. on the webcam chat page.  In addition to Scott's book, Marler's Inventory, and Heinrich Koenig's article about Giantess in Transactions VI, I published an article "Geyser Gazing Tips for Dome, Giantess and Vault" in the June 2010 edition of The Sput that may help answer some of the questions posed on the chat page.

Another source of information about Giantess intervals is the article "HOW DOES THE CURRENT INTERVAL OF GIANTESS RELATE
TO ITS HISTORICALLY LONGEST KNOWN INTERVAL?" that appeared in the June 2013 issue of The Sput.  The interval of 2y139d12m between the last eruption on 9/13/2011 and today's eruption is the longest known interval since the mid 1860's with the exception of the apparent decade long interval when no records of eruptions between 11/25/1908 and 6/20/1919 have been located.

Lynn Stephens