[Geysers] GOSA site update effort

Will Boekel wolveslax65 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 09:20:16 PST 2014

Hello everyone,

I still need more people to come forward and sign up for write ups and I still need more photos! Please Please Please Please help the community by providing your expertise and write a blurb for a feature or submit a photo so I wont have to keep asking for help over and over again.

Thanks already to these people for providing some help:

Pat Snyder
Clark Murray
Steve Edie
MA Bellingham
Tara Cross
Micah Kipple
Demetri Stoumbos

As a review this is how things will work:

For write ups each one will have two sections, a “general description” and a “what to look for”. In the “general description” section we are looking for a summary of how the feature looks, a bit of its history, any relationships it may have, etc. (almost like a guidebook). In the “what to look for” we are looking for a summary of things that are signs of a pending eruption. My hope is that even for the features that have no signs of a pending eruption that we can still fill in that block with something more than a single liner that says “Has no signs of a pending eruption”, maybe instead adding a what to look for in an eruption if you happen to come across it erupting... or something else interesting maybe....

After a person completes a write up please send it back to me and I will get someone else to proofread it as a check.

For photos please go ahead and email them to me and please include in the metadata or preferably in the file name who took the photo, what feature it is, and the date taken.

Thank you to everyone in advance for helping,

Will Boekel
wolveslax65 at comcast.net

SPREADSHEET LINKS:
(please note that the spreadsheets have multiple sheets broken up by location, click on the tabs to switch through them)

Write ups: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88566382/GOSA%20Write%20ups%20signup.xlsx
Pictures: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88566382/GOSA%20Pictures%20Needed.xlsx