[Geysers] Dwarf Group activity and naming

Eric Zimmerman eric at zimtek.com
Thu Dec 11 11:06:28 PST 2014

Hello All,

Lately, we have been seeing some eruptions on the webcam of what I call
"North Dwarf" and discussion came up about naming convention for the
geysers in the dwarf group.  I have asked Jake and Will to add "North
Dwarf" to Geyser Times so we can start tracking specific eruptions.
However, they would like some consensus on names.  So I have put
together some references from the Internet, including images, video and
link to the TSB books descriptions of both Red Dwarf and North Dwarf.
Any comments, corrections, additions to this discussion would be helpful.

TSB Reference:
https://books.google.com/books?id=WM-UZl0aGXkC&lpg=PA457&ots=hnE8JApoUz&dq=%22red%20dwarf%20geyser%22&pg=PA41#v=onepage&q=%22red%20dwarf%20geyser%22&f=false

North Dwarf Media References:

  * https://www.flickr.com/photos/jsjgeology/sets/72157643079058643/