[Geysers] Geyser Report Monday, August 4, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:26:51 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Monday, August 4, 2014

I'm home early--early even for me. Light rain started before 0730.  I
headed for W Thumb, hoping crossing the continental divide might bring
a change in weather.  The only water I could see in Lone Pine was the
rain.

Back to OF.  Braver souls went to Grand in a drizzle.  I went to lower
basin, then home when rain persisted.

Grand: 0358 GT
Little Cub ie @ 0629, 0706, 0820, 0931
Depression: 0930ie
Aurum: 0945
Castle: 0640 major
Fountain was ie @ 0958 and had ended by 1015
White Dome: 0543
Great Fountain had finished its eruption before 0543
Pink: 0552ie
Slot: 0829ie, 0929ie

A group of 12 visitors "from a distant land" hiked out to the Thud
group  If their shoes had been a size larger, their toes would have
been wet in the Northernmost pool.  I was trying to get their
attention and draw them back to safety when Fountain ended.

Family will be visiting for most of August.  My reports will be
infrequent.  No deer seen today, just elk.

Barbara Lasseter