[Geysers] Blue Bubble Article

Pat Snyder riozafiro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 09:00:16 PDT 2013

Hello Everyone.

This winter I would like to write an article for The Sput about geysers that make blue bubbles, including a brief summary of what causes some geysers to make them, and others not (there are many fountain-type geysers that do not make blue bubbles, but several do). Since I am rather unscientific, I would really appreciate being directed to any information about this subject that you folks may know about. You can respond to me off-list, if you like.

Also, I have heard that Strokkur (the supreme blue bubble maker) in Iceland was modified to consistently produce blue bubbles. Does anyone know more about this modification, and what it entailed? Or where I can find out more?

In addition, it would be fun to list and describe out-of-Yellowstone blue-bubble-making geysers. Any in New Zealand? Russia? Chile? I hope to include a list of reliable blue-bubble makers in the article.

All contributors will receive credit in the article, and thank you in advance!
Pat Snyder