[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, May 24, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri May 24 15:40:57 PDT 2013

Friday, May 24, 2013

Accesses started opening today.  All was closed as I drove in, but
after the 8AM geyser call to the VC at OF, I returned to Fountain, and
the closed signs were coming down.  Firehole Lake, Fairy Falls, Black
Sand Basin, the pullouts at Rabbit creek had the closed signs removed.
 Maureen Edgerton & others took Firehole Lake drive and caught Great
Fountain ie @ 0820, dodging bison patties the whole way.   Firehole
Canyon was NOT open at 1:30PM as I headed home.

This is primarily the info from Jim Scheirer's 8AM geyser call:

Depression: 0734ie--called as 0736 but seen earlier, and again 1130 FRS
Lion: 0509, 0603ie, 0656
Castle: 0511ie water phase major
Riverside: 0515ie
Morning: 0602 d=26 [5/23 1808 d=34]
Fountain: 1204 d=33
Twig: 1224
Spasm was ie @ 1044
Jet was doing about 8 minute intervals for the 3 hrs preceding Fountain
Super Frying Pan: 0948ie, 1236ie
Old Cone was seen pushing out water at 0939

Gazers are arriving for the holiday weekend!

Barbara Lasseter