[Geysers] Paul Strasser

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Mon May 20 21:39:06 PDT 2013

Paul and I knew you probably a little less well than Zayne knew your
kids, but two things stand out. When we first "upped" with GOSA, Paul
was the secretary, and he wrote us the most wonderful, warm, and
welcoming letter you could imagine, sprinkled with geyser tidbits from
you guys' vast knowledge of the geyser fields (so you knew it wasn't a
fill-in-the-blank sort of welcome letter. It would take an odd program
indeed to come up with "If you've walked on the floor of Geyser Springs,
you are a braver soul than I."

The other is for any sort of "Paul in action" memories you're
collecting. When your boy was about 3 (this is a guess) and the Norris
mudholes had become a real Norris Pool, Paul noticed your son climbing
on the barrier that had been cobbled together around it. I don't think
I've ever seen someone who trained at track and field move that fast to
retrieve anything that might have been foolhardily walking in harm's
way. The other must have been a year or two earlier because a bottle was
involved. The entire membership of GOSA was parked at F&M and somehow
the baby bottle involved got loose and took a running leap into the
river. I remember seeing Paul disappear and then reappear on the
downhill slope below Link, racing the flow of the river so he could get
ahead of the bottle and retrieve it.

Still completely non-plussed about this.
Prayers and blessings,
Karen Webb