[Geysers] Paul Strasser

MA Bellingham mabdepot at msn.com
Mon May 20 08:27:53 PDT 2013

Whether or not you knew Paul personally, his knowledge was obvious and
his brilliant humor also often came through in his many posts to the listserve.
Sometimes it was slightly hidden but if you
did know him, it was there!  Even a seemingly simple reply about geyser activity could cause
me to chuckle out loud!!  Future
researchers who read every post from the inception of the listserve will
undoubtedly get to know Paul and will not only learn a great deal about the progression of understanding of geyser behaviors, but his wit and personality will come through and
live on!

There is one 'Paul-ism' post in particular
that I quote... often!  I will do some
research and see if I can find it in the archives.

Yellowstone and geyser gazing is a better place because of
Paul and Suzanne.  In recent years, from
the progression of slowed speech, to slower walking, to huge rental vans and
wheelchairs, it was so apparent that Suzanne and Paul needed to continue their
Yellowstone trips.

Suzanne made it
happen, for him.  I salute your love and dedication, Suzanne,
and grieve with you and yours.

RIP Paul

MA

M.A. Bellingham