[Geysers] Specifying dates in posts

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 16:30:55 PDT 2013

Hi all,

   Thank you to everyone who posts information to the listserv.  And thanks to Bill for the pictures of Morning.

   One request--instead of using "today" and "yesterday," please specify the dates.  For example, the Beehive's Indicator post shows "Tue, 14 May 2013 12:49:30 - 0700" when it is included in the reply message, which is apparently the time the post was sent to the listserv.  But when I looked at it in my inbox, the time/date shows as Wed., 15 May 2013 5:06 p.m., which is apparently the time  the post was distributed to readers of the listserv.

    When I checked in the listserv archives, the time on the post also shows as "Tue, 14 May 2013 12:49:30."  But the text mentions Beehive erupted "today" at 1310.  Since the "today" eruption time for Beehive listed in the post of 1310 is after the 12:49:30 time on the post, additional potential confusion was introduced.

    Specifying the date instead of using "today" or "yesterday"  means people don't have to do additional research to determine when specific events occurred.

Thank you.
Lynn Stephens