[Geysers] Strange feature

Michael Goldberg goldbeml at ucmail.uc.edu
Wed Jun 12 10:22:13 PDT 2013

That's a neat picture.  For confirmation I checked the location on
Bing's satellite maps.  The coordinates are (44.579782, -110.686837).

The alien is definitely there, though its colors didn't come out quite as
spooky on Bing's images.  The "face" looks like a low spot that collects a
shallow pond from nearby thermal seeps, in which case I bet it really is
a sickly green color.  The "eyes" and "nose" are islands of higher ground.

The reddish body must be a patch of hydrothermally altered ground.

Like Scott, I won't be the one to trek out there and confirm the presence
of alien beings hiding in the Yellowstone backcountry.  But it could be a
good field trip for someone in between eruptions of Morning...

Michael Goldberg
Michael.Goldberg at uc.edu