[Geysers] Pebble Geyser

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 22:16:25 PDT 2013

David, I'm fairly certain the hole is not the same location.

Lynn Stephens

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 10:36:54 -0500
From: david.schwarz at alumni.duke.edu
To: geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu
Subject: Re: [Geysers] Pebble Geyser

I suspect that this is the location of a vent that was cleaned out in 1993 by volunteers and Resource Management.  See this video:

http://youtu.be/9X6_UPbpUQM?t=2m39s

The hole is in the foreground around 2:35 to 2:45, among other parts of the video.  After it was cleared, it filled to within a few inches of overflow with very hot water.

It's been gradually getting filled back in with gravel since then.  I can't remember the last time I even noticed a depression there.

So anyone who's actually seen the new activity, is this the same location?

David Schwarz