[Geysers] Geyser activity gleaned from the internet

Michael Goldberg goldbeml at ucmail.uc.edu
Mon Jul 22 19:29:17 PDT 2013

There are a few geyser events that I heard of in one place or another but
they haven't (as far as I know) been mentioned here.
In no particular order:

East Sentinel was observed in eruption on June 27.

North Goggles Geyser had a series of minor eruptions yesterday, July 21.
This is the first known activity since October 9 last year.

At Norris, Echinus was observed in eruption on May 5.  Based on the USGS
temperature monitor, it had a second eruption that day, then a
"false start" episode, then returned to dormancy.  Constant Geyser is
active but not very frequent.  The temperature record suggests that it is
erupting on average once per day.

Michael Goldberg
Michael.Goldberg at uc.edu