[Geysers] Geyser Report Sunday, July 14, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:15:45 PDT 2013

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Beehive's Indicator geyser: 0548ie
Grand: 0532
Lion: 0613ie, 0710
Depression: 0628
Oblong: 0716ie FRS
Riverside: 0208ns
Daisy: 0450, 732 FRS
Fountain: 1030 d=37  (Morning tried hard to join in!)
Great Fountain: 0914
Artemisia: 0120
Flood: 0754ie
Super Frying Pan: 0824 d=8, 1036

In most cases, those times prior to 0700 were part of the morning geyser call.

Most of my morning was spent at Fountain.  Peanot (pool east and north
of Twig) was empty when I arrived at the overlook about 0815.  At 0958
it was filling with boiling, muddy water.  It never quite got full,
nor did it clear up as of the time I left.
There was nothing but a slight trace of steam from Morning's Thief
until after the start of Fountain.  It first boiled, then produced a
10 foot burst at 1037.  Morning boiled well at the start of Fountain,
then dropped.

Drain had a series, starting with a huge burst that drew gasps
(estimated by others to be 70-80 feet) at 0855.  Subsequent bursts
were nothing like that.

Clepsydra turned off about 1118 for several minutes.
Jet had started prior to Fountain.  Spasm was ie at 1027.  Nothing from Twig.

Barbara Lasseter