[Geysers] Geyser Report Sunday, July 7, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 18:50:22 PDT 2013

Sunday, July 7, 2013

I had visitors from FL with me today.  Perhaps it was first timers
good luck that brought the Fountain-Morning dual eruption this AM!

Beehive: 0901
Beehive's Indicator Geyser: 0419 FRS, 0457 FRS, 0842ns
Grand: 0619 T1Q, 1538 G2*Q  (trying to code a lo-o-ng 2nd burst--hope
I got it right)
W Triplet: 1554
Lion: 0335 FRS, 0447 FRS, 0550 FRS, 1215 initial?, 1329 FRS
Little Cub ie @ 0631, 0740
Aurum: 0744, 1538 FRS
Castle: 1401, pause, 1408 major
Oblong: 0637ns FRS, 1546 ns
Riverside: 0616ns FRS, 1232 FRS
Daisy: 1227, 1450
Grotto: 1600ie
Fountain: 0129 d=38 FRS, 1006
Morning: 1007
Flood was ie at 1055 and 1138
Tilt's Baby: reported as 1333--I missed the call

Grand held us in the hot sun with only occasional breezes til the
first full turban cycle outside the window.  First-Timers good luck
can only last so long.

Coming N on the loop road there was a 45min bison delay--3 undersized
animals on the "S" curves that ANYONE could have gotten by!  One tour
driver buzzed a couple of hundred yards toward the front of the line
across the double yellow to cut in where a driver had left space as he
crawled forward--wish I had taken a photo before the tour van cut back
in.  I was flabbergasted.  The southbound traffic was still taking
photos, I guess, because he made it safely. Another patch of
stop-on-the-road drivers on the W entrance road looking at elk added
to the frustration.

Barbara Lasseter