[Geysers] An old postcard (Murray)

David Schwarz david.schwarz at alumni.duke.edu
Wed Jul 3 09:03:35 PDT 2013

They did that on July 5, 1992 also.  Fountain had an exceptionally long
interval.  The pools rose and were brimming by the time Fountain finally
surged and erupted, and Jelly was active for a few hours leading up to it.

Video of the Fountain start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UXSgG_7HCk

Video of Jelly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVneJUoDPa0

Jelly actually has a couple of vents, and that video is only of the smaller
one.  The large one was doing one or two big splashes at the beginning of
eruptions, and then the small one would thump and splash for a few seconds.

David Schwarz