[Geysers] Coding times for overnight eruptions in Geysertimes

Will Boekel wolveslax65 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 1 16:56:32 PST 2013

  I was corrected on the chat page today that the current practice is to put 0000? for overnight times. This shows that people enter these different ways and interpret them differently. So if someone new comes in we have to explain the practice to them. Also as the database grows, when you pull the data for a long term analysis but then have to read all the comments on the questionable entries to figure out what it meant it becomes too much
work for little return. By adding an “A” it will make the data much clearer at the very top level so data can be pulled and ran quickly without the need to read every comment in a big data set.

Also just to be clear since I feel that I could have written the original post better, 0000A means you know the geyser erupted but you don’t have the exact time.

Will Boekel