[Geysers] 1885 painting

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Sat Feb 16 18:26:21 PST 2013

I think the replies about Splendid are right, but my first impression
was that it was Giant with some artistic license taken in putting the
cone and the water column in separate parts of the painting. Would this
make the little bitty sput to the left one of those little bubblers
between Splendid and the Daisy side of the current walk? The one the
park visitors are about to step in? Yes, I'm enjoying these as well,
both seeing an artist's conceptions of the park in its early days and
seeing the OMG-what-are-you-doing? views of where early visitors parked
their bodies while things erupted around them. Winter geyseritis is
setting in...
Karen Webb