[Geysers] greetings from Old Faithful

Udo Freund udofreund317 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 10:36:23 PST 2013

Happy post-solstice! We (my wife, Janet, our son, Eric, and his wife,
Reanna) were there on opening day for a way-too-short (isn't it always?)
visit on an Alpen Guides Bombardier. Having to break trails in sugary snow
limited our movement so we saw only a few geysers, Depression, Lion, Old
Faithful, Rusty ie, Jet, Clep ie and Great Fountain ie.  Knowing our time
was very limited I wanted to be out in the basin so I only stopped by the
VEC except for a quick bathroom break.  Memo: especially if you're one of
the first ones in bring snow shoes or XC skis. Alpen Guides forgot, too.
Doh!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Have a great time. We're looking forward
to your posts.

Thanks,
Udo Freund
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there."  --Will Rogers