[Geysers] Concerted Eruptions of Fountain and Morning

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 13:44:29 PDT 2013

I forgot to include Bill Warnock in the list of gazers in attendance at the 8/2/2013 trifecta.  Below is a chart showing dates of all observed concerted eruptions of Fountain and Morning.  Bill says I should include mention of the March 8th activity when Morning was observed at 1046ie, Morning had one burst to 20 feet at 1547, and then Fountain started at 1555 and Morning's Thief erupted at 1555 and continued to have intermitten eruptions until 1605.  However, I believe concerted or dual eruptions mean simultaneous eruptions and Morning did not erupt simultaneously with Fountain, so I have not included that event in the chart and will not treat it as a concerted eruption when I write an article on concerted eruptions.

(The chart is from a draft of a future "Little Bit" article for the Sput.)

  Date

  Fountain Duration

  Morning Duration

  Morning’s Thief Duration

  #1            8/18/1959

  #2          07/04/1991

  95 min

  31 min

  #3          07/05/1991

  82 min

  21 min

  #4            8/09/1991

  122 min

  38.5 min

  #5          08/28/1991

  140 min

  36 min

  #6          08/29/1991

  98 min

  27.5 min

  #7          10/30/2012

  130 min E

  38 min (1)

  #8          05/03/2013

  69 min

  24 min

  #9          06/05/2013

  93 min

  33 min

  #10         06/13/2013

  189 min

  68 min

  69 min

  #11         06/24/2013

  94 min

  32 min

  #12         07/07/2013

  109 min

  33 min

  #13         07/16/2013

  82 min

  21 min

  #14         07/22/2013

  102 min

  31 min

  07/23/2013

  63.5 min

  20m25s

  07/28/2013

  96 min

  28 min

  08/02/2013

  173 min

  61 min

  60 min

  (1)If assume Morning started at the same time
  Fountain started.  Ended at 0928.

Lynn Stephens