[Geysers] Geysers taken for granted

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 18:30:06 PDT 2013

Let it be noted that Old Faithful belongs on the list of geysers with known
 dormancies -- at least one. The description by Ferris in the 1830s
describes  several geysers but notably nothing that could be Old Faithful. And in
fact,  although there were rather few visitors to the Upper Basin during the
mid-1800s,  there were some, and there is NO description of an Old Faithful
eruption until  1864. Not to mention the silicified wood within the cone
formation, and other  such proofs of inactivity.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 4/26/2013 5:34:23 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,