[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, September 27, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:06:29 PDT 2012

Looks like this will be my last report until next spring--so sad.
Another beautiful day.
Very foggy from the Lower Basin to the Upper basin at 0730 or so, and
down basin at OF until mid-AM.

Beehive: 1253
I failed to record the indicator time, but water was called at 1232,
so it must have been 1232 or 33.
Grand: 0145E, 0705E, 0704, 1240D0G2C
W Triplet: 1228
Turban: 1206  Note: 34minutes or so into Turban cycle until Grand
finally erupted, after a couple of preliminary grand bursts that died
immediately.  No steam noted in vent during this delay, and all
beginning after the call of water at Beehive--a frustrating wait.
Lion: initial @ 1021, 1131, 1237
Depression was empty at 0850
Aurum: 0935 VR
Daisy: 1015 VR, 1241ie
Grotto: 1228ie
Great Fountain: yesterday at 2258E, overflow about 1030, erupted 1140 p=0
Sawmill was seen ie at both 0840 and 1200
Tilt's Baby: 0833
Perco;ator was ie at 1201
Twig was reported ie at 1020
Penta steam phase 1244ie

My last photo in the park was a bear at Rabbit creek.  See you all next summer!

Barbara Lasseter