[Geysers] Geyser Report Sunday, September 23, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:33:07 PDT 2012

30 degrees going in at 0700, 70 degrees coming home about 1330.  The
smoke is persistent, but seemed lighter today.  The red ball of sun
early in the AM was more yellow-orange today.  Bicycle population was
back to normal, but the crowd at Grand at 1312 looked like a July
gathering.  Wildflowers are gone, but much of the once dark green
marsh grass/sedge is vibrant rusty red.  Good thing, because the area
of the park I visit is purely coniferous--no tree leaves to clue us to
the season.

Beehive: 0701
Grand: 0717, 1312 G1C
West Triplet: ie at 1217, off at 1231 (no Rift)
Lion: 0949 minor,........, 1207, 1325ie
Little Cub: 0804,....., 1150
Castle: 1147 major
Turban: 1216ie, 1237, 1254
Oblong: 0954
Riverside: 1152
Daisy: 1212
Great Fountain: false overflow at 0838, 1053 p=6
White Dome: 0833ie, 0853ie, ..., 1013, 1046, 1112
Narcissus: 0857ie
Flood: 0915 d=6, episodes of 1-2 bursts at 0942, 0943, 0945, 0946, and
finally an eruption at 0947 d=7
Morning's Thief: 1005, 1031, 1050
3 Crater Geyser (at 3 sisters spring): 1145
Dome: remains active with eruptions including 1152, 1332
Sawmill was ie at 1204 and continued after Grand
Tardy was ie at 1315 and we had nice Percolator activity as we waited for Grand.
Bulger had a major about 1232, but I was pulled back to Grand by
"waves" call.  I kept watching for steam in Bulger's Hole from the
Grand bench while Grand slowly dropped, so we saw neither at that
point.  Grand followed with a low pool next cycle then erupted on the
following one.  The approx. 9 minute Grand was 1 burst.

Barbara Lasseter