[Geysers] geyser report Friday September 7, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:44:47 PDT 2012

27 degrees going in this AM, 69 coming home.  AM had some freezing
fog--much as I wanted to use cabin heat, I switched back to defrost to
combat unexpected whiteout when the wet fog suddenly frosted out the
windshield.  The elk bull in the meadow about a mile N of Biscuit had
1 cow with him this AM--making progress.

Fan & Mortar started the morning with an event cycle shortly after
0700, then did quiet cycles until next event cycle at 1351.  Neither
gave us an eruption.  The AM sun fought the dense mists, finally
breaking through with welcome heat and abruptly blue skies about 1000.
 It took a bit longer to warm me up!

Grand: 0759, 1341
W Triplet: 0651, 1453
Lion: initial at 1305, 1418
Little Cub: ie at 0702
Castle: 1110 (major after a major)
Oblong: 0642ie
Riverside: 0023, 0631, 1242
Daisy: 1007ie, 1243
Grotto: 0608ie (off by 0750), 1000 (off at 1150)
Fountain: 0833
Twig: 0908
Great Fountain: 1055
Tilt's Baby: 1202

I did not receive all the calls clearly at F&M, so my apologies if
this is a bit skimpy.

Barbara Lasseter