[Geysers] Geyser report Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:50:13 PDT 2012

Frosty morning with breeze bringing in significant smoke by mid
morning--otherwise clear.  The mid-day Grand, however, had blue skies
behind the eruption.  We have all become Grand gluttons, with frequent
short intervals, and eruptions just as spectacular as if we had waited
4+hrs.  Those of us who don't pull the late night stuff still get
broad smiles on our faces just hearing of others catching 5 eruptions
in a single day or 24hr period.

Beehive: 0809 (16hr 15min interval)
Beehive's Indicator: 0748
Grand: 0111, 0120E (time to reset a clock somewhere?), 0655 T1C, 1231
G2*Q--intervals of 5hr 45min and 5hr 36min
W Triplet: 0616, 1128ie ending about 1219
Rift: 1201, continuing thru Grand
Plume: 0643, 0800, 0913, 1038, 1219NS
Lion: 0709 initial, 0820 (end of series of 2 eruptions)
Little Cub ie @ 0816, 0901, 0942, 1024
Depression: 0913--a nice, strong eruption followed by washing machine
Castle: yesterday @ 1756E minor, & 2140E major, today major @ 1203ie
Oblong: 1256
Riverside: 0603ns, 1211ns
Daisy: 0735E, 1007, 1243
Grotto: 0618ie, 0938 - acentral vent start
Rocket Major: 1120
Fountain: yesterday @ 2122 d=46; today @ 0857 d=45
Great Fountain: 0056E, still not in overflow at 1300
Flood: 0634ie
Till: 0635ie (minor), 1303ie
Black Diamond: 15 foot eruption about 1015 VR
Penta Steam phase: 1152 during sawmill (Sawmill ended at 1225)

Beehive's rainbows were apparently stronger from Chinese spring this
AM than from the Plume bench, but the view was lovely from either
site!

Barbara Lasseter