[Geysers] Tuesday, Oct. 30

Maureen Edgerton mauree0258 at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 21:07:32 PDT 2012

Hey all.

Bill Warnock is posting about his awesome dual of Morning and Fountain, and Fountain lasting over 2 hours!  FUN.

I got there right as it all ended, and went to see what was up with Great Fountain.  It was in what seemed early overflow at 1110, yet was already doing some boils on the pool.

The overflow seemed to be progressing as normal, normal of late being overflow of more than 2 hours before Great Fountain erupts.  Today, though, at 1315, the pool crashed, not as deep as it had the past few days, yet 5 or 6 inches from overflow, and no action on the pool.  This only lasted 5 minutes, and then the pool rose and overflowed again, and Great Fountain finally erupted at 1346.  Burst within burst, within burst, nice first series.

Jim Holstein and some folks he was guiding showed up at the end of the first series.  We watched a very lethargic 2nd series, and then just as lethargic a 3rd series.  I had just told Jim that I was going to stay to see if it energized itself, and then a huge cloud came up to the right of Clepsydra steam at Fountain complex.

MORNING!  1413 ns...we raced over, well, trying not to speed...and Jim went down on the road to confirm Morning, while I started up to the platform.  Jim called the end of Morning right as I was headed out, 1420...so very short eruption.  We all walked out and it had been Morning erupting again.  Very wet all around the pool, while Fountain was still empty from the 2 hour eruption.  Twig was i.e. at 1424 and we think it was still going from the 1110 eruption start time.

I really thought it was my time to see Morning, yet I guess not!  Maybe tomorrow.

I went to upper basin to tell Bill and the Friz' about the second Morning, and Grand was doing a longer interval, so I got out there to see it, and it was awesome, 2 burst with rainbows, huge Vent, as Vent has been of late.  VERY FUN.

I got to talk with Lynn Stephens who filled me in on a few things about the '91 duals, and Morning activity then.  I am hopeful we are in a series, and maybe I will still get to see it.  There will be 5 or 6 of us hoping for that very occurrence tomorrow.

Snow is melted almost everywhere, bison are EVERYWHERE, and coyotes are numerous around Great Fountain and Fountain area.

It is supposed to be 55 the next 2 days, very nice for this time of year.

So time will tell what happens next.  GO MORNING!!

Maureen Edgerton

Sent from my iPad