[Geysers] Grand interval is changing?

Andiy Wagner diggerfieldmouse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 22:00:57 PDT 2012

True.
You all have a lot more resources than I do. A LOT MORE! I actually meant
to phrase that as a question and it did not come out that way - like my
aunt and I were talking and she remembers it being shorter at this time -
not hugely so like it is now, but noticeable - is this true? Didn't come
out that way and I am sorry for that. I am curious actually as I explain
later down. Very curious.
I have hear-say and the memory (which as a trained historian you know is
never spot on - in fact can often be different). Case and point - none of
the group I was with remember others being there for Excelsior - I was
three - I remember water and rainbows. Jeannine remembers thinking it was
odd there were no others around - and as I have seen - because of the
awesome records you all have - there were others. Which is great! Still the
number was less than twenty, but more than the six I was originally told
(by Rick of all people - to start - oh the lies - which he never amended
and he knew better!). *Bows to the master keeper of knowledge*
Rick used to tell me all kinda of cool things about the park and I remember
it, but it was all random facts, nothing like that - I was a kid - short
attention span - theater.  How high the water falls were, the biggest mud
pot bubble he had seen, how many coyotes he had seen that day - random
stuff like that. Talking about times where I had to sit and wait was
boring. Mark for the intelligence of the man to not expend energy when it
was needed. I did not get an appreciation for that until twenty long after
Rick had passed sadly.
I (now this is personal and a huge project so no one go off and do this
unless you are already (seriously 100 plus years of data) - I do not have
the time and so why should you all have it! Stats was a evil class - but
since I now know all about it my brain is active on that kind of
information - standard deviation and things.) would love to see like a
chart of the averages over the years. With this year being such a huge
change I would be curious to see how many other dips there were (you know
more than a half an hour off) in time. I know you say this is unprecedented
(which makes it doubly interesting), but I am curious if we have other
outliers - just because they are far more interesting than the norm - as
you state!
My little historian brain is all excited now to hear what the masters have
in store. I find this all fascinating. I really do. History is so amazing
to me, though I study more pre-history due to my backgrounds and
friendships with tribal elders.
PS. On a different note -speaking of historian brains - what do you all
have on the fish trap in Yellowstone Lake? I have the native versions - I
am curious if there have been any arch studies on it or anything. Just
curious what the Tomes have to say since this forum has amazing knowledge!