[Geysers] Faked(?)/Enhanced(?) Photos

Michael Murphy rosevale at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 23 17:07:01 PDT 2012

Hello:

If I was purchasing a photo (or seeing a published copy), I would want to know if it is a HDR photo, or if it had been "Photoshopped."  If HDR, it would be nice to see the individual images (files, frames, whatever the proper term) that were compiled to make the finished product.  Also, I would like to see some mention of any computer enhancement (manipulation?)of color, brightness, etc.   In the past, it was not uncommon to see information like shutter speed, f stop, exposure time, etc. included with a photo.

I hesitate to think of myself as even an amateur photographer.  "Picture taker" is a much better term.   However, sometimes when I see a photo I like, I wonder if it is something that I could possibly come close to replicating.  It would be nice to know if a photo involves more than just a camera, tripod and my eye.  My poor photos ("It is not like the one I saw in the store!") are solely due to poor equipment and terrible technique.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Mike