[Geysers] great APOD pic!--Faked!

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Mon Oct 22 21:58:43 PDT 2012

After reading the comments about this pressing issue I think I know what
bothers me the most. IT is because I have done a lot of nighttime
photography in the park and lots of aurora photography in YNP and elsewhere.
I immediately knew that this was a product of software rather than a camera
alone.

I knew that the result was dishonest from the POV of conveying the wonder
and mystery of seeing a geyser erupt by the light of aurora.  The real thing
is far more enthralling and wondrous than this effort.