[Geysers] Grand Overflow

David Monteith dmonteit at comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 18:03:03 PDT 2012

From: 	JOHN WARNOCK <johnwarnock at msn.com>
To: 	geyser observation reports <geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
Subject: 	Grand Overflow
Date: 	Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:48:45 +0000 (10/03/2012 02:48:45 PM)

This was one fun trip this late September.  The highlight was seeing F&M
on the morning of the 30th.  The start was strong and totally
unexpected.  As Polly pointed out, only High was in lock..Gold wasn't
strong, less than two feet, and there was no splashing in Angle or Main
Vent leading up to the eruption.  Apparently one vent in lock is
sufficient.

The other thing I wanted to check on was how long it took Grand to reach
overflow with these much shortened and reliable intervals.  I have heard
that it usually took Grand 5 hours to reach overflow.  The only one I
checked was on October 1.  Grand erupted at 8:48 and the overflow out
the front started at 12:51...just over 4 hours later.  The subsequent
eruption was at 14:39.  Sorry I didn't get any more data, hopefully we
can get a few more data points before the season ends.

That's all;

John