[Geysers] Fountain 2012 Summer Electronic Times (Young)

Jacob Young jakefrisbee at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 19:54:21 PST 2012

Fountain electronic times have been entered into GeyserTimes.  You can see them at http://www.geysertimes.org/getGeyserInfoChart.php (choose Fountain and 287 entries, click 'Go') or http://www.geysertimes.org/getGeyserInfo.php?geyserID=15&n=287

Evidence of Morning

I cannot see any indication of temperature spikes on the data logger during known Morning eruptions.  However, I would suggest that there's evidence based on Fountain durations and intervals of missed Morning eruptions.  Durations that I calculated may not be exact, but I think they're within 2 minutes and match actual observations in many cases.

Fountain had 3 eruptions with durations greater than 2 hours that I think were probably accompanied by Morning:
Oct 22 @ 0002 E d=165m (next Fountain interval only 9h56m after 2hr45m eruption!)
Oct 30 @ 0849 E d=130m (observed dual with Morning; next Fountain interval=15h14m)
Nov 5 @ 2121 E d=127m (next Fountain interval = 16h48m)

Jake Young