[Geysers] Geyser Repoert Thursday, May 31, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:23:38 PDT 2012

I have seen the black bear on the W entrance road 3 days in a row now.
 Yesterday about 1730 it was across the Madison near the "Eagle's"
nest.  Among the vehicles stopping for pictures was a full-size white
bus, "WWW.Express", which stopped on the westbound pavement and
proceeded to unload the passengers for photos.  Unless he abandoned
them, I assume he stayed to reload them.  I squeaked by on the double
yellow curve without meeting an oncoming vehicle or an enforcement
person.   Just after 0600 this AM a much darker and smaller appearing
and very wet bear tore cross the road in front of me at about the same
spot.  The sun sparkled on the water drops being tossed in every
direction.

Today's 55 degrees was a very reasonable temperature.  Dark clouds
were building by midafternoon, but we had lots of sunshine today.

Beehive: 1058 (water @ 1034, indicator @ 1035 d=23min)
Grand: [from 5/30 - 2230e], 0707G2C (0709e), 1530T2Q
W Triplet: 0715
Rift: 1225ie d=47
Plume: 0526, 0623, 0718, 0819, 0915, 1012, 1110, 1204
Lion: 0744 initial, 0854, 1006, 1109, 1213
Little Cub ie @ 0641, 0715, 0747, 0823, 0858, 0934, 1006, 1046
Depression: 0823, 1202  At least the 0823 eruption was the type I'm
used to seeing-- 2 vents participated, 4-5 foot bursts, nice washing
machine at the end
Oblong: 1421ie with some nice high bursts
Daisy: 0546, 0836, 1347
Fountain 0441
Great Fountain: 0920
White: 0816ie