[Geysers] Till Geyser average intervals

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 00:20:30 PDT 2012

THIS POST IS FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF THE READERS OF THIS LISTSERV AND IS NOT TO BE REPRODUCED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE, INCLUDING PUBLICATION IN ANY GOSA PUBLICATIONS SUCH AS THE SPUT AND/OR TRANSACTIONS. I've been in the Park 2 days now and have no information on Till Geyser.  When I commented on that to someone, they responded they might have had two sightings but they were 40 hours apart and that didn't "fit" traditional intervals.  My response was that 40 hours fit 4 10's.  The person then replied they thought Till's intervals had always been about 9 hours or so.  I knew there were years when the mean interval had been much longer, but didn't have the data in my brain, so had to come back to the computer to get the following information.                                 Year  Mean Interval 2005                                10h49m2006                                10h29m2007                                10h47m2008                                  9h19m2009                                  9h11m2010                             no data available in any of the logbooks 2011 late May-early June trip   9h08m2011 late Aug-early Sept trip   10h08m We still don't know what type of intervals Till is having this year, but given the lack of water in meadows at Whiskey Flats, Biscuit Basin, and along the Madison on the road from West Yellowstone to Madison Junction, I suspect the 40 hours between sightings was 4 10 hour intervals.  I'm only guessing though until I get at least one closed interval, and preferably several. Lynn Stephens