[Geysers] Data Logger downloads and other stuff

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 17:09:32 PDT 2012

The visitor center will still have dataloggers on the geysers that they predict and traditionally download themselves.  Yes, the rest of them will not be downloaded at all during summer.  And to the best of my knowledge there will be no thermal clean-up this summer, except what interpretative rangers have time to do with their cleaning tools.  Hank Heasler cited safety concerns.  I don't think it is a staffing issue.  I suggest people take pictures of trash in geyser basins, and write letters of complaint to Yellowstone NPS, nationwide NPS, and your elected representatives on a national level.

Karen Low