[Geysers] Data Logger downloads and other stuff

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 10:05:55 PDT 2012

Hey all,

Yesterday, at Tour Guide Training, I asked Hank Heasler about the geyser data logger downloads, and volunteered to help with them.  He said no, that he and Cheryl will download them in the fall.  I asked about the geyser basin cleaning volunteers, and he said there weren't going to be any based at Old Faithful this summer.  So I fully expect the geyser basins to be trashed this summer.

And about a certain person who complained about geyser gazers the other day.  Sunday morning I went out up on the hill.  I chatted first with Bob (I don't know his last name) who I'd seen out there the night before waiting for Beehive.  Inez stopped as she went by and complained about the last couple calls being unclear on her radio. I am not currently carrying a radio, but I mentioned that perhaps it had been her location.  Bob mentioned something about not many calls lately, and it may have been non gazers on the channel.  I went and chatted with Michael Lang, Kristine B. and Jim S., all of whom I hadn't seen yet this spring.  Later, when I was looping the hill grabbing what litter I could with my folding grabber (while still staying on the boardwalk, of course), Inez was up by North Goggle.  I tried to introduce myself, and she said that because I'd ignored her earlier, that we were through.  I was a bit flabbergasted!  I could think of no
 reason for my behavior, chatting with people I've known for years, could have offended anyone!  So I think that a certain person was being unrealistic in their expectations in regards to the the geyser gazer community.

Karen Low