[Geysers] OT: Cellphone/data coverage

Mike O'Brien mikeobrien at spamcop.net
Fri May 4 19:38:11 PDT 2012

The tower at Old Faithful, at least, is owned by a small local carrier in Wyoming.  ATT and Verizon and everyone else in sight have roaming agreements - but the tower is 100% overloaded all the time, so data rates are pitiful no matter who your carrier is.

On cellphones, most incoming calls fail and go to voicemail.  Many outgoing calls fail as well.

Mike O'Brien